what are friends for....

We were sitting here watching tv when the phone rings. It was about 9 pm. It was a mom of a child I babysit (a friend). Her 2 year old daughter swollowed a pill that she thought her roommate(a 34 year old handicapped woman) had taken. She asked if I could go to her place and sit with the roommate while she took her daughter to the hospital. So its now midnight and I've been home for about 20 minutes. I'm exhausted. Want to cry. Have a headache. But happy that my little Paytyn is ok. All I can think about is what would I do if I live where she does. 20 mins out of town. No family near by. OH WAIT! I do! My closes family is 5 hours away. My 'friends' are pretty much no existant or live 5-9 hours away. What the hell would I do if I had more than one kid and had to take one to the hospital in the middle of the night and Doug was away. What would I do if I had to go to the hospital. My son is only 5. He can't stay home alone.


Ok I need to get some sleep cause I feel like crap and I'm so HAPPY that tomorrow is Friday! Night All! Maybe tomorrow I'll get some time to do some more scrapping.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment