Tempt My Tummy Tuesday's.....Skor Bar




So its Tuesday. I've neglected my blogging duties for awhile BUT I'm back! So this is what I was going to post right before Christmas. Its home made skor bar. Very YUMMY! and....very bad for you! Very simple to make. You need 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of margarine(MUST BE MARGARINE, butter DOES NOT work!) and about 1/2 a package of chocolate chips(I use semisweet but use what ever you normally would use for cookies)

So this is my first attempt (forgot I used margarine last year)

And this is what it turned into...LOL The sugar dissolved and then recrytalized or something. It was nasty!
Second attempt.... with margarine. Place sugar and margarine in a pot and cook on low until bubbly.

It will look very bubbly and almost sponge like. At this point you must stir it constantly as the bubbles cause it to rise and it will spill out of the pot....

Then it will start turning brown.

Once its brown you put it on a cookie sheet and spread it around. The thinner you spread it the more you get and the easier it is to break once cool.

While still hot(and it stays hot for a long time) put about 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips on it. Let them sit for a few minutes and start melting. Then use a spoon or a spatula and spread it out over the entire candy part.

Set your cookie sheet in the freezer or outside(I put mine in my cold BBQ or in snow) Once its cold you break it up it to small bite size pieces and enjoy! You won't be buying anymore Skor Bars

My next attempt I am going to try 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup margarine. If anyone wants to try this let me know how it turns out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment