the mouse

Last night I decided to put out a few traps for our little visitor. I had seen him under the stove so I put some sticky paper traps under the edge of the stove. Well, apparently it was pretty dusty and dirty under there. I put the traps right at the edge. Just far enough in so that the cats wouldn't get their paws stuck to it. This morning I got up and took a look and I couldn't find the traps. So I started checking that cats making sure they didn't get it stuck to their long hair....

Right now I'm picture my cat, Kao, stuck to a fly trap. It was sitting in the window sill and he jumped up and got it stuck to his fur. Well he couldn't get it off and the more he tried the more stuck it got. Then he went running down the hall with it stuck to his belly between his legs. (Laughing out loud right now) I had to catch him and RIP it off his fur. I felt bad but it had to be done...

Okay. Sorry for the detour. So I found the cats and nothing. So I figure I should pull the stove out and see what's under there. ALOT of mouse crap, some hotwheels, a few marbles, some fridge magnets, and ALOT of dust bunnies. And of course my mouse traps where under there. Moved. They were covered in dust bunnies and mouse crap. SO, I figure that the mouse got stuck when it ran across but there was so much dust under there that it made the paper not so sticky and the mouse was on there long enough to crap itself and then get away.

So this morning I spent an hour cleaning under the stove and the sides of the stove and cupboards. Man I'm a messy cook...

So on another note...
The weather is great. My weekend sunburn is pretty much gone. I've decided to try a new route to getting my son to listen. In the last month he has started these fits. Every time you say no he starts crying and screaming. And its complete put on and fake. So I've decided that every time one of these fits happen I am taking 15 minutes off his bed time. I'll give it a week and see how it works.

Well I'm off til later when I come on to post my picture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment